Friday, October 1, 2010

Cowboys and Bonhommes

You may have noticed I haven't written about the Stamps since their loss against the Roughriders two weeks ago.  The truth is, I've been in hiding from angry gamblers who told me they lost on Sports Select because they went with my prediction of a Stampeder victory.  Remember, when you're right 51% of the time, you're wrong 49% of the time!  Well now I'm back to talk about tonight's game against the Alouettes.

I don't know what happen the last two weeks, but I'm confident the Stamps are better team than they have shown in losses to Saskatchewan and BC.  Before these two losses, I wouldn't have worried about playing Montreal in the least bit, but I'm not so sure now.  I'm still picking the Stamps for a few reasons though.  Firstly, they really do have a good team, and they've proven that many times this year.  They still have the number one defence in the league and their offence is no slouch either.  Secondly, Montreal isn't as good as many think.  Sure, they dominate the Eastern Conference, but so could the Lions; the Detroit Lions that is.  The East is weak, and when you play the bulk of your games against Toronto, Hamilton and Winnipeg, of course you're going to win a lot.

The Stampeders aren't going to lose three games in a row, they're too good.  After losing to such a weak opponent in the BC Lions, they'll need to avenge themselves to prove once again, they're the best team in the league.  Tonight's game at McMahon and next week's game in Montreal, between the two first place teams, will be the evidence needed to back up that claim.  I'm confident they can do it.


twitter.com/TheRevBW

Agree? Disagree? We want to hear from you! Click below to comment

No comments: