Monday, December 6, 2010

Road Trip XV Re-Cap

Well now that I've had time to settle back into Calgary, I thought I'd put together a little summary of the East Coast swing that was my road trip last week.

While it obviously would have been nicer to see the Flames go 4-0, I never really thought that would happen.  Let's be honest, this team isn't very good, so I never really expected too many wins.  Plus, I have to admit I have a spectacularly poor record at away games, having gone 10-13-4 in the past six seasons.  Of course this isn't to say there aren't any positives from this trip.  They did manage three points, which is better than many of my trips.  Also, they didn't get shutout, which is always an empty feeling leaving an enemy's arena.

Here's a look at the numbers for the trip:

Stated and provinces visited: 6
Distances Driven: 2495km
Distance Flown: 2690km
Trains Taken: 3
Big Apples Visited: 2
Toll Booths passed: 11
Amount of Tolls: $56.50

NHL arenas: 4
Former NHL Arenas: 2
Total cost of tickets: $315
Cost of equivelant tickets at the Saddledome: $540
Flames goals: 6
Flames goals witnessed: 5

White Castle Sliders eaten: 11
Street Vendors Patronized: 8
Different Fast Food joints visited: 6
Different beers drank: 11

To View photos of the Trip, click here.

View a map of the Trip below:

View Road Trip XV in a larger map


Not sure where the next trip will be, but there are still 13 arenas to see the Flames play in!

-TheRev

twitter.com/TheRevBW
thesportsroundup@gmail.com

Agree? Disagree? We want to hear from you! Click below to comment

No comments: